Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Horse of My Dreams

Life has its twists and turns, ups and downs, hills and valleys. These past couple of years have been challenging to say the least. God is gracious though, and knows when we have shouldered all we can bear. It looks like there is a major curve coming up in the road I call life. When I was a little girl, I had grand dreams. Somewhere along the way I was convinced that dreams don't come true, and I accepted that. My dreams were tucked neatly away and I proceeded to grow up. Adults don't have time to dream. The day to day tasks simply take too much energy. Somehow or another though, when Rachel and Christopher started their Parelli journey, that dream began to stir in me. A dream to have a horse farm, to raise Arabians, to make horses an integral part of my life again....
Another dream began to take shape about a year ago. We started thinking of moving to Montana. We put the house on the market. Nothing happened. The dream began to wilt and with it my hopes of fulfilling my childhood dream. The horse farm and the move to Montana are intertwined. I don't see one happening without the other, although God has a way of directing our paths - even when we are choosing our steps. When it comes to choices in life, timing is everything. Being at the right place at the right time - or even the wrong place at the right time can change your life forever. A series of events has begun that will begin a turning point in our lives. It looks very promising that hubby will get a job with a very good company in Idaho or Montana. At the same time, I have the opportunity to aquire the foundation for a breeding farm. I don't believe in coincidence. I saw a post on a forum about a black Arabian stallion the same day that Clay talked to the headhunter about a company in Idaho/Montana.
My hope is renewed; my dream is alive. Noble Knight is his name. Isn't he the most gorgeous horse you ever saw? I won't know for sure until I meet him face to face, but my heart tells me he is the horse of my dreams. We're planning a trip down in a couple of weeks. I may burst with excitement before then!

No comments: