Sunday, April 6, 2008

and the days go by

I thought I'd hop on and post a short blog since I don't know when I'll have another chance.
With Rachel leaving the end of the month, and activities planned every weekend from now until then, I know life will be crazier and busier than ever.
Hannah, Matthew, and I had a great time in Dallas. Mannafest was definitely different this year, but we enjoyed it. I have been waiting to pick up the book "Go Giver" until we got there. Not only did I buy the book, but I bought the 'package deal' after Bob Burg spoke. I enjoyed Robert Kiasoki too, but I think I liked Bob's message better. It was more applicable. Giving hope to others is such a part of the Mannatech mission, and I found his message to be a proverbial shot in the arm (in a good way.) I came home rejuvenated and ready to share with a renewed passion. I have also come to realize that offering financial hope is just as significant and meaningful as restoring health. Now I have to somehow marry my priorities so that they are balanced.
We roomed with Vickie and her daughter Nicole which was really fun. It is always a treat to find a long distant friend is even more delightful IRL. We went to the aquarium and zoo on Monday before we left.
This week was filled with catch up chores, another Parelli clinic on Sat. and the selling of animals. We sold 3 Obers and 2 puppies on Saturday, but they will not go to their new home until June. 3 puppies down, 6 more to go! It is odd that the girls are selling faster than the boys. If we end up moving north soon, we may keep one of the males.
Next weekend is Rachel's going away party, then a long weekend clinic several hours away where I will mostly stay with them, and the last weekend of the month is a goat show. Rachel will leave on Monday or Tuesday after that.
Somehow in the midst of all this we have to ramp up school, find time to take Rachel shopping for the things she will need in Montana, and get the day to day things done. It makes me tired thinking about it!

No comments: